Sunday, April 18, 2010

Survivor:Michigan

Thanks for all the well wishes for our trip! The traveling part went well, but the first leg of our visit home was a mixed bag.  Rylee was a dream baby traveling. She watched her movie for about an hour, ate a lunchable, read some books and was generally a fantasy. Then she stayed awake from 1:30 AM - 4:30 AM EST the first night. This would have been late even in our timezone (10:30PM - 1:30AM) so I don't know what that was about. The worst part is mean mommy is on duty at that time so it wasn't fun for either of us.

The weekend with Grandma and Grandpa was loads of fun and now we're up at my sister's for a week. She has five children ages 14, 12, 12, 9 and 2. Rylee loves it here. Her 9 year-old cousin Jacob has been her BFF every time she's ever seen him, starting when she was 3-months old. It seems to be holding true this time, too.

And the difference between my house and my sister's is something like this (in a good way).


And it's always wicked good for her development. :)

I think I'm going to stop trying to adjust her to the new timezone too much and just put her down late. Here's hoping for a reasonable amount of sleep for both of us, but beyond that I don't fret. It should be a chaotic good time!


No comments: