Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Apples and Pears shirtdress

Well, one post in two months is pretty pathetic, even with a long vacation thrown in there. I keep planning to post some pictures of what we've been up to but we didn't really take that many on vacation. And sewing is dragging right now.

But I did manage to sew something with the Alexander Henry Apples and Pears that I coveted for so long. Thanks to KID, MD (the sewing goddess) for the idea for this adorable shirt dress. So super cute!!


Because I just took a serger class and was all geeked out with new techniques, I did a rolled hem on the sleeves and bottom. I wanted a more casual look and thought it might be cute. Eh. It does look cute enough, but I'll probably save it for knits from now on.

I also tried cloth covered buttons for the first time. I don't know why I waited, because if you can put the lid on a bottle of ibuprofen, you can make these things.


I made size 2, even though Rylee is very small in the chest. It came out a little long, but not ridiculously so. She refused to hold still long enough for a picture so all the pictures from the front are just of her lunging for the camera with a maniacal grin on her face. So here's the length from the back.  With all her newly grown curly hair.

3 comments:

Kitschy Coo said...

And here's me thinking you'd retired from this blogging lark! Glad you're back, and cute dress :)

KID, MD said...

I'm blushing...

That is ADORABLE! The fabric is so cute, and perfect for this pattern. I need to make about a dozen more, but first I need some apple and pear fabric.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Such cute fabric, and awesome dress. I love fabric covered buttons too. Welcome back!